If you are like us, you dislike “free content” offered online as a subtle trick to sell you something, and of course, get on their mailing list. The whole idea of using a mailing list is fine, IF they allow you to choose how and what you are receiving. And allow you to stop email them altogether (‘Opting out’). Email lists (plural) are designed to allow us to get the targeted information that we care about, while stopping general emails and specify spam that we don’t want.
We email our clients and interested parties too. But at Isa dan Islam, our aim in offering valuable, informative resources online or via email is different. Our aim is actually to help develop a better understanding of Islam as it relates to the Gospel message of Jesus the Messiah. We’ll help answer your questions about Jesus the Messiah, the Gospel and how the teaching of Jesus relates to Islam. You will receive personalized service – so let’s talk. We welcome the relationship.
Consent for Collection, Use and Disclosure of Information:
You as a customer or user of our services may ask to be removed from future promotion, use and disclosure of your information at any time. Please note that in doing so, IDI suspends its provision of any services to you. If you unsubscribe to an email, your email address and name will be withdrawn from that particular list. If you wish to be removed entirely from receiving any communications from us, please make that request at
After your account becomes inactive (that is, if you request to be removed from our database), IDI may keep your personal information in its archives. Your information will then be used only as necessary for tax reasons or to prove IDI’s records are in compliance with any applicable laws.
All Isa dan Islam customer account information is strictly confidential. We do not sell our customer list. We do not share customer information with partners or any other entity except upon your request. Customer information such as name, email address, mailing address, phone number, fax number and billing information is collected for the sole purpose of providing services to our customers and notifying them of improvements and updates to IDI services.
From time to time, we will send special offers and promotional notices via mail, email, fax and/or voice broadcast to our customers and to prospects who have expressed interest and have requested such information. At any time, customers may opt out of such offers and notifications by following the opt-out link on the specific communication or by contacting us directly. These emails will originate either from IDIonline.info or InfusionSoft.
Customer Lead Information
All leads generated by our customers and data stored for our customers are held and protected in strict confidence either on-site or at Infusionsoft. Infusionsoft will never directly contact our customer leads, nor do we sell to or share customers’ lead information with any other party such as, but not limited to, InfusionSoft.
IDI limits its collection of personal information to only that information which is necessary for the Identified Purposes. IDI does not direct its site to, nor does it knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of thirteen.
Purpose for Collecting Personal Information
IDI collects and uses personal information for the following reasons:
- to understand visitor needs regarding IDI’s services;
- to fulfill your requests for services or information;
- to communicate with site visitors, when necessary, and to inform customers of updated information, as well as changes and other services available from IDI or services offered by third parties;
- to allow customers to access certain features and areas of IDI’s site;
- to personalize some of our services for you and to deliver specific information (according to your expressed interest) from IDI;
- to bill accounts and maintain payment records;
- to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or government request;
- to respond to a legitimate claim, or to address our reasonable belief, that you are violating the rights of any third party or any of the agreements or policies that govern your use of the IDI site or any IDI product or service;
- to protect the services, products or rights of IDI, including but not limited to the security or integrity of the IDI site; and
- to identify and resolve technical problems concerning IDI’s site, products and services.
Third Party Vendors
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. If you wish to be informed what Personal Information we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you.
- The right of rectification.
- The right to object.
- The right of restriction.
- The right to data portability
- The right to withdraw consent
Then we also need to make sure a few other sections are clear. If these are not clear, we either need to rewrite them, or you can copy and paste them from the longer version I sent you. They don’t need to be super long or detailed, but we need to make sure they are clear and correct. Here are the sections we might need to edit:
- The details about the data you collect on your site.
- Explain how you collect the data. For example, it could be through site logs, cookies, web beacons, signup/registration forms, comment forms, etc.
- If you use third-party ad networks like Google AdSense, you may also be serving cookies and web beacons on your website to serve targeted ads.
- Explain why you collect this information. This could be for improving your website, improving user experience, etc.
- Explain if your users could opt-out of these cookies. If so, then you might add the links to opt-out pages on your site and third-party advertiser websites.